A lovely, Caribbean-inspired marinade. From Epicurious TV.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds, freshly toasted
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- 1/3 cup sour orange juice (you can substitute 1/3 cup combined orange and lime juices)
- 2 teaspoons spanish sherry wine vinegar
- freshly toasted and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1In a mortar mash the raw garlic, Scotch bonnet, salt, and cumin until fairly smooth. Scrape this into a bowl and set aside.
- 2In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil until just hot and pour it over the garlic-chili mix, stirring the ingredients. Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Whisk in the sour orange juice and the vinegar. Season with pepper. Refrigerated, this will keep up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Orange Mojo
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1338.1
- Calories from Fat 1304
- Total Fat 144.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 594.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar