Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Make and share this Sour Orange Glazed Duck With Herb Crepes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (5 lb) peking ducklings (Long Island)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 small onion, halved
Sour Orange Glaze
- 4 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- butter, for coating the pan
- watercress, for garnish
- For the Duck: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- A day before roasting, remove the giblets and neck from the cavity of the bird and discard.
- Trim the neck flap and excess fat from around the cavity.