1/1 Photo of Sour Milk Molasses Drop Cookies
Another way to use up that milk once it turns. The result is a pillowy soft cake-like cookie with a delicate molasses and spice flavor. If milk never turns at your house, the you can make your own by placing a tablespoon of vinegar in a measuring cup and filling to level with milk. Let that sit for 10 minutes and you have soured milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat together the sugar and shortening until the sugar crystals have begun to break down, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and molasses until just combined.
- 2In a smaller bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
- 3Mix the dry mix and sour milk into the wet bowl in alternating thirds. Fold in raisins, if using.
- 4Chill the dough for two hours or more.
- 5Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 11 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven an place on a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to cool and dust with powdered sugar.
- 7Note: For best results allow your baking sheet to fully cool before using between batches.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Milk Molasses Drop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 56.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g