Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Wonderful with maple syrup, this old favorite is from the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs, add sour milk or buttermilk and melted butter; add to dry ingredients gradually, beating to obtain a smooth batter.
- Drop from a spoon onto a hot, greased griddle and brown on both sides.
Great pancakes. I added more milk to have the right consistency. The taste was very good. Thanks Molly :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game