Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine milk and vinegar, set aside to sour.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa in bowl, set aside.
- With electric mixer beat shortening and sugars until fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour milk.
- Bake into two 9-inch round for 25 to 30 minutes at 350' F degrees.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with favorite frosting.
Very nice and simple recipe. Not too sweet...perfect with coffee :)