Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This a great recipe for those chocolate lovers out there! It is a really moist cake!!
Make and share this Sour Milk Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk, mix with
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, to make sour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- powdered sugar
- Mix water, 2 cubes butter and 4 T cocoa in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, eggs, sour milk, baking soda, and vanilla together.
- Add ingredients from saucepan.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a saucepan, mix 1/2 cup butter, 3 Tablespoons milk, and 2 Tablespoons cocoa. Bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add powdered sugar to desired thickness.(It will still be a little liquidy but will set more as it cools).
This made a very nice and moist chocolate cake that was light in texture. I used the Hershey's Extra Dark cocoa, and it really made it look and taste rich in chocolate flavor. I made it in a 13 X 9 pan, and it took about 40 minutes in my oven. Recipe and chef chosen for PAC 2007. Thanks, Kennasmommy.