- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 3⁄4 cup whiskey
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup real maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup unsulphured dark molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients; simmer over low heat, stirring frequently until sauce thickens.
- Brush on meat while sauce is still hot and grill or wait until meat is almost done and brush sauce on for one final flip.