Recipe by YummySmellsca
These are made with cream cheese, oat flour and a hint of citric acid for extra tang, as well as crushed sour candy (don't be tempted to add more though - it melts and causes massive spread/sticking). They're tangy, chewy balls of goodness!
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour or 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely crushed sour lemon hard candies (I whacked them with a meat mallet)
- extra icing sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest,lemon extract and citric acid until fluffy.
- Add flour and salt, mixing well.
- Fold in the crushed candy.
- Roll into 1” balls.
- Roll each ball in icing sugar and place 1” apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 5-7 minutes (cookies should not be brown).
- Remove immediately to a cooling rack.