1/1 Photo of Sour Lemon Snowball Cookies
These are made with cream cheese, oat flour and a hint of citric acid for extra tang, as well as crushed sour candy (don't be tempted to add more though - it melts and causes massive spread/sticking). They're tangy, chewy balls of goodness!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour or 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed sour lemon hard candies (I whacked them with a meat mallet)
- extra icing sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest,lemon extract and citric acid until fluffy.
- 3Add flour and salt, mixing well.
- 4Fold in the crushed candy.
- 5Roll into 1” balls.
- 6Roll each ball in icing sugar and place 1” apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- 7Bake 5-7 minutes (cookies should not be brown).
- 8Remove immediately to a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Lemon Snowball Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 46.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of