Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from Martha Stewart, posted in responce to a request.
Make and share this Sour Lemon Cake with Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9" round cake pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Stir in the lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit in the pan for a few minutes.
- Turn the cake out onto a rack.
- Stir the glaze ingredients together until the sugar dissolves and brush them onto the cake.
- Allow to cool.