Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This is from Martha Stewart and is being posted in responce to a request.
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- grated lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9" springform pan.
- Beat the eggs with an electric mixer until thick and pale yellow.
- Gradually beat in the sugar.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
- Set aside.
- Mix the lemon juice and vanilla with the heavy cream.
- Alternatly add the cream and flour mixtures to the eggs, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until the cake feels firm to the touch and a cake tester comes out clean Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove outer ring and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Frost as desired.