Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I made this up on one of those days when there are just too many ingridients in your refrigerator. It is a great fusion of east and west. Using French beans and not regular green beans is important.
- 1 lb French beans
- 2 ounces ginger
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 ounces sage derby cheese or 4 ounces other comparable cheese (derby is comparable to mild cheddar and it melts easily)
- Cut the tips off the beans, and cut the beans in half.
- Grate the ginger and mix it in with the beans.
- Squeeze the lime and pour into the beans and ginger mix.
- Grate the cheese and set it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan at 3/4 your stovetop's maximum heat.
- When the Oil is nice and hot drop the beans into the oil.
- Cook for 4 minutes and then pour the oyster sauce and teriyaki sauce in.
- Let cook for 5/6 more minutes.
- When your beans are done, sprinkle the cheese on top of each serving-- give the cheese a minute or two to melt.