Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Starts with a mix but tastes totally homemade from scratch. Same recipe can be used with other flavor mixes. Great when you need a last minutes dessert.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease and flour a 13x9 pan.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and blend on low speed of mixer for 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides with spatula.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and tests done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and frost as desired.
I love this recipe! Instead of vegetable oil I used 1/3 cup of melted butter, it made it taste even more homemade. Went great with my homemade fluffy chocolate frosting!
This is exactly the recipe I was looking for; I'm not interested in becoming a cake-baking aficionado, but I figured there had to be some way to spruce up a boxed cake so it actually tasted good. This was perfect! Really impressive-tasting for how easy it was. Thanks!
GREAT!! I dont like the "mix taste" of the box and this had none! It is very easy to put together. I have made this as a sheet cake with chocolate icing and as a bundt cake with chocolate glaze. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks.