1/4 Photos of Sour Cream Yeast Rolls (Taste of Home)
3 hrs 30 mins
From Taste of Home and attributed to Christine Frazier of Auburndale, Florida. These yummy rolls are just wonderful. Try them and see! Prep time is time spent waiting for dough to rise. Sit back and enjoy your coffee!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 C flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- 2In a small saucepan, heat sour cream, water and 2 T butter to 120-130 degrees.
- 3Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- 4Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 5Add one egg and 1/2 C flour; beat 2 minutes longer.
- 6Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough--this may mean using 21/2 C flour as noted above or up to 3 cups.
- 7Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic--about 6-8 minutes.
- 8Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top.
- 9Cover and let rise in a warm place or in a warming oven on "bread proof" for one hour.
- 10Punch down dough.
- 11Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces.
- 12Shape each into a ball.
- 13Place on a greased 9 x 13" baking pan.
- 14Cover and let rise again, until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 15Bake a 375 F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 16Melt remaining butter. Brush over rolls. Remove rolls from pan to a wire rack.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Yeast Rolls (Taste of Home)
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 241.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g