Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar in August 2006. I haven't tried the recipe, but I hope to very soon. Here is what the original poster said about this recipe: "This recipe has been passed down through my husbands family. I'm not sure where it originally came from, but I'm very glad it was passed down. It's a favorite of mine. I hope you'll enjoy it, too! They are very rich and I have to admit that we've been known to eat them for breakfast as well as dessert!"
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 (2 teaspoon) package yeast, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- milk (if needed to thin icing to spreading consistency)
- Mix flour, butter and salt together until crumbly.
- Add remaining pastry ingredients and stir until well mixed; refrigerate overnight or 6-8 hours.
- Roll 1/2 dough in sugar (approx. 4"x12" rectangle), slice with sugared knife and twist.
- Repeat with second half of dough.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes at 350°F.
- Add icing ingredients together and beat until well mixed.
- Spread over cooled twists.