Recipe by byZula
I made this for my mothers birthday some years ago and she loved it! You may have to add extra seasoning though, I added salt and pepper to the sauce. Serve on a bed of rice or buttered noodles with green beans.
Top Review by ren0318
This was really easy to make, but the sweetness was to much. I thought it would have a more beefy flavor. I'd like to make it again, but instead of the brown sugar and soy maybe add some red wine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- rice or buttered noodles, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into serving-size pieces.
- Dredge in flour, seasoned with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Sear steak on one side. Turn meat.
- Add onion, garlic, water, soy sauce, brown sugar and mustard.
- Cover. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add sour cream. Simmer until thoroughly heated.