Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Nice with tea or coffee
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Grease a 9×5" loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour and other dry ingredients.
- Beat butter in a bowl until smooth. Add sugar and beat again.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- Alternately add sour cream and flour, starting with sour cream, in two or three additions.
- Pour into pan, smooth top and bake for 1 hour 5 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
Delicious! Moist, perfect flavor, a little creamy, sweet, and just the right amount of crumbliness. I was looking for some tea bread with fruit, but this looked so good that I had to try it and just alter the recipe a little. Made it according to the recipe, but then mixed in about 1-2 cups of chopped strawberries (don't remember exactly how much). No one can stop eating this! I've been having this for breakfast, and also pretty much any other time of the day that I walk through the kitchen where it's sitting. I made this two days ago, and it's almost gone! My roommates have requested that I make another loaf as soon as possible! Thanks for the great recipe.
So good! Moist and tender, a little bit sweet. The whole family wants more of this!