Recipe by carolinafan
This is delicious.
Top Review by TheDancingCook
My family enjoyed this; the taste of the gravy had a hint of Worcestershire sauce, even though it wasn't used as an ingredient. The meat was very tender and I used beef bottom round steak. I served this with some mashed potatoes, corn and warm rolls. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 lbs boneless round steak, cut into serving size pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- additional paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika and mustard; dredge the steak.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter.
- Cook steak on both sides until browned.
- Carefully add water; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, onion, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and flour; stir until smooth.
- Transfer steak into a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish; add sour cream mixture.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.