Recipe by CCLady
These sound like they'll be great - I plan to try them for a cookie exchange.
Top Review by KitchenQuartz
These were delicious! Verry verrry good! They were soft and chewy, even after we froze the extras for a few weeks and ate them later. The only problem we had was the dough rolling stage. We had to mix in a lot more flower before the dough became unsticky and solid, even though we'd left it in the fridge for a LONG time. So less than five stars for difficulty, but most definetly a recipe I'll use again and again because the taste is worth a little trial.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine baking soda and sour cream.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Blend in sour cream and baking soda.
- Combine baking powder and flour and add to sour cream mixture.
- Refrigerate until easy to handle, usually at least an hour.
- Roll out dough about 1/2 inch thick and cut into shapes.
- Bake at 325º for 8-10 minutes, or until light brown.