Prep 3 hrs
Cook 8 mins
These need to chill for 3 hours for easy handling, so I try to start early in the day to have them done for that nights snack! The recipe makes 7 dozen, but they don't stay around long!
- 1 cup butter, softened (no subs!)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, sour cream, honey and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut with floured 3 inch cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 325* for 8 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
I love, love, love these cookies! They taste fantastic and they stay nice and soft. The dough is a little soft when you first roll them, so keep the dough nice and cold. Also, I use powdered sugar to roll them instead of flour so you can use as much as needed without worrying about them getting tough. Many thanks for the fantastic recipe.