Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
They are fluffy cookies. They are better than the store bought ones. My kids like them so much that I have to make more.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups flour
- Put shortening, sugar, eggs, and sour cream in bowl and then blend together.
- Add vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Roll the dough out and then put your cookie cutter in the dough and have fun.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.
These were just like those soft round frosted sugar cookies most grocery stores sell in their bakery. We rolled them out a little thick so that after they baked they were about 1/2 inch. They're not all that exciting on their own, but definitely a great base for some nice sweet frosting. The recipe didn't say to refrigerate the dough so we didn't, and it rolled out pretty well. My sister and I made these Christmas Eve to bring to a family Christmas party. One person said she really liked them, another said he liked them better than the grocery store ones.