1/4 Photos of Sour Cream Softies
This recipe appeared about 30 years ago in Family Circle magazine: Cinnamon-sugar "frosts" the tops of these big old-fasioned puffs. They are soft and a bit cakelike and puff up high in the center. I have added chocolate chips to these sometimes too and they were quite nice like that as well :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure flour, salt, baking powder, and soda into a sifter.
- 2Cream butter or margarine with sugar until well blended in a large bowl: beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 3Sift in flour mixture, adding alternately with sour cream to make a thick batter.
- 4Drop by by rounded Tablespoonfuls, 4 inches apart, on greased cookie sheets; spread into 2 inch rounds; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- 5Bake in hot oven (400°F) 12 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
- 6Remove from cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Softies
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 21
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 193.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g