Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe has a smooth Mexican taste.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- Spray liner of crock pot with vegetable spray.
- Add the chicken breasts on the bottom.
- Don't lay them on top of each other.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix with salsa poured on top.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove chicken from crock pot and place on meat platter covered with aluminum foil.
- Mix together 3 Tablespoons water and 2 Tablespoons cornstarch.
- Add to salsa mixture in crock pot and stir well.
- Turn crock pot to high and sauce should begin to thicken in five minutes.
- Next, stir in sour cream.
I used a 16 oz. jar of salsa and didn't need to thicken-I also added a drained can of black beans and served over rice-great!!
I tried this recipe when I was looking for something to make so I wouldn't have to go to the store! The family really liked it and it will be a keeper. The only thing I will change next time is to either cut back on the corn starch a little or add some more liquid - it got pretty thick but other than that the flavor was really good..
This is absolutely delicious. My sauce was too thick but that's because I forgot the water. I also used thighs but I'm sure it would be just as wonderful with breasts. And so easy.