Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A creamy, cheesy side dish with a nice "bite" from chopped green chilli peppers. This recipe came from Arlington, Texas.
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese or 1 cup any soft white cheese
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies or 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh chili pepper, no seeds
- Mix cooked rice, sour cream and green chillies.
- Mix grated cheeses together and reserve 1 cup for topping.
- Stir in cheeses with rice/sour cream mixture.
- Pour rice mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish. Top with reserved 1 cup grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
This had wonderful flavor that DH and I really enjoyed! DD(who is picky) thought it had too much sour cream, so next time I may use a bit less sour cream and cheese (maybe 3/4 cup sour cream and 2-3 cups total cheese may be enough as I have made a similar recipe in the past - we love this!). I decided to make this using brown rice and it was really great and a nice way to slip something healthy in that they didn't notice!! Thank you for a terrific keeper recipe!!