Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
Rhubarb, blueberries and strawberries combine with fat free sour cream and a crumble topping to make a sweet creamy pie loaded with fresh summer fruits! I use a half of Shake-A-Pie Crust for my pie crust. Oh yeah, don't tell anyone, but its reduced fat and sugar too!!
- 1 (8 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries, not unthawed
- 2 cups strawberries, cut in chunks
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Filling: In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, strawberries and frozen blueberries.
- Sprinkle with sugar, splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg, if using. Stir to combine well.
- In a separate bowl, stir sour cream and egg whites until combined. Fold into filling mixture and set aside.
- Prepare crust.
- Topping: Stir together oats, brown sugar, flour and orange zest, if using. Cut in butter with pastry cutter until you have course crumbs. Then sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water and used your pastry cutter to distribute - you should still have course crumbs.
- Pour filling mixture into pie crust.
- Sprinkle crumble topping over filling.
- If desired, cover edges of crust with foil
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 for another 35-40 minutes, until topping is golden.
- Cool on wire rack completely before cutting. Since this is a sour cream pie, you'll need to store leftovers in refrigerator.