Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is originally from the June 2008 issue of "Colorado Country Life".
Make and share this Sour Cream Rhubarb Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13X9X2 inch pan.
- Mix sugar,nuts,melted butter and cinnamon until crumbly and set aside for topping.
- In a separate bowl, cream together brown sugar, shortening and egg.
- Add flour, soda and salt to creamed mixture alternating with sour cream; stir in rhubarb.
- Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm or cool.
I have not made this yet - almost tempted to run out and buy rhubarb, but for now I am going to file it. It sounds wonderful - of course being a rhubarb lover helps. Hope to hear some feedback from others.