Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is originally from the June 2008 issue of "Colorado Country Life".
Top Review by waynejohn1234
I have not made this yet - almost tempted to run out and buy rhubarb, but for now I am going to file it. It sounds wonderful - of course being a rhubarb lover helps. Hope to hear some feedback from others.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13X9X2 inch pan.
- Mix sugar,nuts,melted butter and cinnamon until crumbly and set aside for topping.
- In a separate bowl, cream together brown sugar, shortening and egg.
- Add flour, soda and salt to creamed mixture alternating with sour cream; stir in rhubarb.
- Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm or cool.