Recipe by Crazy Canuck Cook
I found this gem from Cooking Light and it is absolutely delicious! The jam and nut layer compliments the loaf beautifully (I have used strawberry jam, but I presume you could use any jam flavour). According to personal preferences, I reduce the sugar to about 1/2 cup and use an extra 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla in the batter. I have made this in mini loaf tins and baked for 30 min. This cake freezes well for up to 2 months. I hope you enjoy!
Top Review by JPsBarbie
I made this per the recipe except for using strawberry jam instead of the raspberry. It came out very good however everyone agreed that they would have preferred it without the nuts even more. (3)
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts or 3 tablespoons pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons reduced-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat an 8x4 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine jam and nuts in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a wisk.
- Combine sugar, butter, lemon rind, 1 teaspoon vanilla, egg, and egg white in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spread half the batter into loaf pan and spoon jam mixture over top, leaving a 1/4 inch border. Spread remaining batter over raspberry mixture.
- Bake for 55 minute or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minute then transfer loaf to wire rack. Combine 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk in a small bowl. Drizzle over loaf while still slightly warm.