Recipe by grandma2969
This makes a moist, tender loaf..We love it for chicken salad sandwishes, french toast or toast of course..Yummy!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar and raisins. Stir well.
- Now add the eggs, milk, sour cream and melted butter. Stir well, but don't overmix.
- Pour batter into a well greased 8x4 laof pan.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour.
- Cool 20-30 minutes in the pan. Turn out onto wire rack to completely cool.
- This is wonderful served with butter.