Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat Milk and raisins.
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar, corn starch, salt and egg yolks.
- Add to hot milk and raisins and cook.
- Add sour cream; Heat to boiling add the 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Put into pie crust.
- Meringue: Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add the 3 Tablesppons sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Spread on top of pie, and place in oven to brown meringue.
- Heat oven to 400 and bake about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meringe for Pie: 3 egg whites, 1tsp cream of tartar, pinch of salt (less then 1/8 tsp) 6 Tbl Sugar
- Beat egg whites to form soft peaks. Add cram of tartar and salt. Beat until whites are stiff but not dry. Add Sugar, a little at a time beating it well.
- Spread over pie- completly cover surface including edge of crust. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned.