Recipe by mollypaul
Sweet and richly delicious, this pie is from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 pie crusts (either storebought or your own recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 450°F.
- Beat eggs, add sugar and beat until light.
- Whip sour cream and fold into egg mixture.
- Add raisins, nutmeg, salt and lemon juice; mix thoroughly.
- Line a pie pan with a crust and pour in mixture.
- Cover with top crust, crimp edge attractively and pierce top to let steam escape.
- Bake for ten minutes; reduce heat to 350F and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until golden.