Recipe by CeeDee
This pie was made by my Grandmother and the recipe was passed to me by my Mother. This pie is delicious and always brings back fond memories when I make it.
Top Review by Dorel
I followed the recipe exactly. We all found it too sweet. I would only use 1 1/2 cups sugar next time. I could taste the vinegar but the others couldn't. It's a very rich pie and a small slice is about all you can eat at one time. Thanks for posting Grandmothers recipe, CeeDee.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups raisins, plumped in hot water and drained
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook all filling ingredients in sauce pan on top of stove until mixture thickens and foam disappears.
- Use a large pan for this as the vinegar and soda will foam up.
- Turn into unbaked pie crust and top with second crust.
- Brush top with milk and cut slits to vent.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 min and then reduce oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes or until brown.