Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Reminiscent of old fashioned sour cream raisin pie... :)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup currants
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a medium sized spring form pan with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Mix the cinnamon, brown sugar, and graham cracker crumbs together, then stir in the melted butter.
- Coat the crumbs well with the butter, then press them into the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream cheese in a mixer.
- With the mixer running slowly, add in the sour cream, then sprinkle in the sugar and cornstarch, then add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add the half and half until all ingredients are well mixed, then add the lemon rind and raisins.
- Pour into the spring-form pan.
- Place the pan on a cookie sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes (or until the top begins to brown and the cake is firm).
- Cool at room temperature.
- Serve well chilled.
- Makes 8-10 servings, depending on how large you cut those slices!