Prep 15 mins
Cook 37 mins
I got this when I attended a bible school in Rocky Mount, VA. One of my fellow students passed it on to me, after I begged her for it. I have made these numerous times, and they are always great. Beware, if you don't like raisins, you won't like this. It has TONS of raisins in it. Also, I had to guess at how many servings this made, I can't remember.
- Raisins Cover raisins with water.
- Boil, drain& set aside.
- Cream brown sugar,& margarine.
- Add oatmeal, flour,& baking soda.
- Do not add raisins.
- Place half of mixture in a 9 x 13 inch pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine eggs, sour cream, cornstarch, salt,& sugar.
- Cook, stirring constantly, till thick.
- Add drained raisins.
- Pour this whole mixture over the crust previously baked.
- Sprinkle remaining half of crust mixture over the top, for a crumb topping.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
I do like raisins, so I though these were great. I like the cream filling and the sweet and kind of sour thing going on. These were really simple to make and smelled divine while baking. I can't wait to have one for breakfast with coffee. Thanks for posting the recipe.
Being from ND, these are a favorite. I was going to post the recipe, when in fact this is the exact one I use. Made them tonight, and they turned out perfect. This is a delightful bar! You won't go wrong here. Thanks a bunch TexasKelly, they are the best!
My husband LOVED these bars!! It was my first time making these and they were a hit. I did lessen the amount of sugar also. Thanks for the recipe.