Recipe by TexasKelly
I got this when I attended a bible school in Rocky Mount, VA. One of my fellow students passed it on to me, after I begged her for it. I have made these numerous times, and they are always great. Beware, if you don't like raisins, you won't like this. It has TONS of raisins in it. Also, I had to guess at how many servings this made, I can't remember.
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups oatmeal
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 small eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Raisins Cover raisins with water.
- Boil, drain& set aside.
- Cream brown sugar,& margarine.
- Add oatmeal, flour,& baking soda.
- Do not add raisins.
- Place half of mixture in a 9 x 13 inch pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine eggs, sour cream, cornstarch, salt,& sugar.
- Cook, stirring constantly, till thick.
- Add drained raisins.
- Pour this whole mixture over the crust previously baked.
- Sprinkle remaining half of crust mixture over the top, for a crumb topping.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.