1/2 Photos of Sour Cream Raisin Bars
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this recipe was found in the current American Profile magazine, & I have tweaked it to my satisfaction! Preparation time does not include the time needed for the finished bars to cool completely!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups dark raisins
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & grease a 13"x9" glass baking dish.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine raisins & water, then cook over medium heat for 10 minutes before draining well. Set raisins aside to cool.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, oats, flour & baking soda, mixing well.
- 4Evenly press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, & bake for 7 minutes, until partially cooked & slightly set.
- 5In a medium saucepan, combine egg yolks, granulated sugar, sour cream, cornstarch & cinnamon, & stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- 6Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens & resembles pudding, about 8 minutes, then remove from heat & stir in raisins & vanilla.
- 7Pour onto the crust , then crumble remaining oat mixture evenly over the top.
- 8Bake 25 minutes, or until set, then remove from oven & cool completely on a wire rack.
- 9Refrigerate 1 hour before cutting & serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Raisin Bars
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 47.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g