Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
A filling of brown sugar streusel makes this pumpkin-flavored cake a special treat. From the Nestles website
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (up to 3) or 2 tablespoons milk (up to 3)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan.
- FOR STREUSEL: COMBINE brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice in small bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly, fold in nuts.
- FOR BATTER: COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat granulated sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- TO ASSEMBLE: SPOON half of batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle Streusel over batter, not allowing Streusel to touch sides of pan.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Make sure batter layer touches edges of pan.
- BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- Invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with Glaze and sprinkle with nuts.
- FOR GLAZE: COMBINE 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar and 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice or milk in small bowl; stir until smooth.
Steve ~~ I made this recipe but used 'half' quantity as I wanted a smaller cake. It was PERFECT.. It is very easy to make and the flavor is scrumptious. The one thing I did differently, was to divide the Streusel mix in half .. putting half in the middle (as per recipe) then the other half I sprinkled on top of the cake. I served it with a dollop of whipped cream. This is a KEEPER.. thanks a bunch. :)
Delicious!! The cake came out light and fluffy, and the streusel mix is incredible. I made the glaze with milk as that is what I had on hand... I think the orange juice would be delicious and plan to try that the next time. Thanks so much for this excellent recipe!!Dianne
Made this for Thanksgiving and everybody loved it.