1/13 Photos of Sour Cream Pumpkin Bread
1 hr 10 mins
I used to make this for a Bread and Breakfast Inn in Highlands, N.C. This is a variation on my Sour Cream Banana Bread, which turned out to be a duplicate recipe here on Zaar. So, in loving memory of my dear banana bread, here is one of the variations! You will love this! You may use flavored yogurt to kick this up a notch! Try vanilla! This also makes a great gift!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter and sugar together. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together and add to the butter and sugar. Add the pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir.
- 2Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350*F. for 1 hour. If using mini loaf pans, bake for about 45 minutes. This makes 3 mini loaves for me.
- 4Substitute banana for the pumpkin, add 1/2 cup nuts, if desired, and leave out the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 5You may also substitute applesauce for the pumpkin, adding apple pie spice. Have fun!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 434.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g