Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Simple and delicious. This is great served with fresh whipped cream and strawberries (or any fresh fruit). I also like to drizzle mine with lavender honey. But truthfully, it's terrific plain too. Great for school or church bake sales.
Top Review by Mura Wehi
Wohow! This came out great! I'm not a fan of sour cream at all... But this came out wonderfully! I'm not really a baker, so this was nice and easy for me. I added about a cup of white chocolate chips to this, it FLEW off the shelf. I took it to a super bowl party (I had way too much as it is..) and it was all gone that very HOUR!! Hahaha! My family says 'props to whoever came up with this!' So yes. Awesome.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add sour cream and mix until blended well.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Alternately add flour and egg, beating each egg in one at a time.
- Add vanilla and mix well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.