Cook1 hr 19 mins
Simple and delicious. This is great served with fresh whipped cream and strawberries (or any fresh fruit). I also like to drizzle mine with lavender honey. But truthfully, it's terrific plain too. Great for school or church bake sales.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add sour cream and mix until blended well.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Alternately add flour and egg, beating each egg in one at a time.
- Add vanilla and mix well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
As you said..simple and delicious. Did serve it with strawberries and cream. Had a some left and used that for some mini trifle!
Excellent pound cake!!! I had some sour cream that was going to go bad and needed to make something with sour cream... it helped that I'd been craving pound cake, but all my pound cake recipes omit sour cream so I needed a new recipe. This was much better than my other tried recipes because I think the sour cream made it more moist. I added three dashes of nutmeg as my mother does in her recipe. Thanks so much for posting this!
This Pound cake is so good! I added some lemon zest and a juice then I made a quick lemon glaze and it turned out fantastic!!! Moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Thanks so much for the recipe, I'll make this again and again.