Recipe by Junebug
This produces a wonderful flavor and the great texture of a pound cake. It is delicious by itself or with any kind of fruits, ice cream, or whatever your favorite topping may be. (This cake freezes well.)
Top Review by Mirj
This is how a pound cake should be, dense, heavy, yummy. I didn't change a thing, made the recipe exactly how Junebug put it down. I did take her tip and beat each addition thoroughly, although I didn't have to worry about my arm falling off since I used my wonderful Kenwood mixer. We went to visit cousins for the weekend and I took this pound cake as well as some chocolate mousse. Served the mousse on a slice of the cake, and the sound of happy people could be heard through the house!
- 1 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix butter til light.
- Add sugar and beat til fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating after each addition.
- Add flavorings.
- Beat in dry ingredients and sour cream alternately.
- Grease and flour a tube pan, bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Bake in tube pan about 1 1/2 hours and 2 loaves about 55 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick for doneness.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- TIP: The trick to get the wonderful texture of a pound cake is to beat each addition thoroughly, let's say just about until you think your arm will fall off should do the trick!