Recipe by Kim Hardwick
The best pound cake ever, it is my family recipe and this cake always gets good reviews.
- 1 cup butter, at room temp (Land-o-Lakes)
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temp
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a hand or auto mixer Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and almond beat in well.
- Sift flour and baking soda 3-4 times.
- Add flour and sour cream alternately beginning and ending with flour.
- Bake 325* 1 ½ Hours until you can stick a testing stick in and it comes out clean. In my oven it takes about 1 hour.
- This can go in two 8x4 loaf pans, to bake for 1 1/4 hour, or two 9x5 loaf pans to bake for 1 hour. I also greased and floured the pans.