Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
This cake would be a wonderful base for strawberry shortcakes, or any other fruit of your choice; or you may frost as desired.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F; grease a 10-inch tube pan (angel food cake pan)& set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream& baking soda- stir well& set aside.
- In another bowl, cream sugar& margarine; add egg substitute.
- Combine flour& salt, and add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beginning& ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour+ 35 minutes, or until cake tests done with toothpick.
- Cool cake in the pan 10 minutes; remove& cool completely on wire rack.