Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Move over Sara Lee! this is an extreme moist buttery pound cake lined with pecans and topped off with a perfect glaze --- for greasing pan see Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) ...taken from Allrecipes "Tried & True Favorites" cookbook submitted by Carole Resnick.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (can use walnuts but pecans are better!)
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened (no subsitutes)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream (or use 1/2 cup each sour cream and softened cream cheese)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan (or can use a bundt pan).
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on the bottom of the pan; set aside.
- In a bowl mix together flour with salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl using a heavy duty stand mixer on medium speed cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add in almond extract and vanilla until combined.
- To the creamed mixture add in flour mixture alternately with the sour cream until combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan over the pecans.
- Bake for 75-90 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool for 20 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completey (the nuts will remain on top of the cake).
- For the glaze combine confectioners sugar, orange juice and vanilla together until smooth.
- Drizzle over the top of the cake while still just slightly warm.