1/1 Photo of Sour Cream Potatoes Casserole
1 hr 45 mins
My grandmother has made this every holiday since I was 10 or so -- it is my very favorite holiday dish, and I now make it to take to my DH's family events! It's best if you refrigerated it OVERNIGHT before baking; the most time-consuming active part is the actual grating of the potatoes -- I use a large-hole grater.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil whole potatoes for 15 minutes.
- 2Cool; peel and grate into large bowl.
- 3(I grate the onion while the potatoes boil).
- 4Add remaining ingredients to potato/onion mixture; mix well.
- 5Place in greased 9x13 baking dish, or equivalent, and cover.
- 6Refrigerate overnight.
- 7Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, until brown& bubbly.
- 8(Baking time depends on size of your baking dish; I sometimes put this in a deeper dish).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Potatoes Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 359.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g