Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Two of my favorite things. Great side dish.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, divided (1 cup)
- 2 ounces cubed Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 4 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- Place potatoes, celery and onion in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the flour, salt, ground celery seed and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minute or until thickened.
- Transfer sauce to a large bowl; stir in the sour cream, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, velveeta and 3 tablespoons chives. Add potato mixture; stir gently until coated.
- Transfer to a 2.5 quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 for 35-40 minute or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minute or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining chives.