Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My friend Michelle just gave this to me - haven't tried it yet
Make and share this Sour Cream Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, Diced
- 1 medium onion, Diced
- 2 celery ribs, Diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes, Cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- Cook the bacon in a heavy soup pot until they start to brown.
- Add the onion and celery, cook until soft.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for three minutes, add water and broth.
- Add potatoes and slowly bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft (30-40 minutes).
- In a separate bowl ladle in 2 cups of the soup broth. Whisk sour cream into broth until blended.
- Whisk mixture back in to the soup. Heat 3 minutes longer, adjust seasonings with Salt & Pepper to taste, ENJOY!
This recipe was a gr8 base. I felt the recipe was bland however. Not only did I dlb it, and use all chicken broth, I added 1/2 cup butter, 1 and a 1/2cups cheddar/jack cheese, Tarragon, Grnd Cumin Seed & Celery Seed-1 to 1 and a 1/2 tsp ea, and a dash of Garlic Salt.
I love this soup! I've been making it for years and I almost always double the recipe. I also make mine with double the bacon (ummm...bacon) and use all chicken broth and no water. Delish!
This is one of the best tasting recipes for potato soup I have tried! I even looked it up special for my sister when stateside on vacation to make sure I did it right and now it is a favorite of her family's and her inlaws too!!!