Recipe by lemoncurd
I have been making this salad for some years now. Its a huge hit at BBQS.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Really delicious. I used walnuts instead of pecans (generally unavailable in Greece) and loved the flavour and presentation. Rather than whipping up some cream, I just 'frosted' with a very thin layer of more mayo. Very well-received for our Sunday lunch. I can see making this for potlucks and special bbqs.
- 1 kg potato
- 1 large red onion
- 1⁄4 cup of freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I prefer a creamy mayo)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup of sliced pecans
- whipping cream, to garnish
- pecan nuts, to garnish
- lettuce, to garnish
- cherry tomatoes, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes with jackets on until firm but soft.
- Peel cool potatoes and cube into medium sized cubes.
- Add onion, parsley, salt and pepper to the potatoes.
- Mix sour cream, mayo and lemon juice together and add to the potatoes.
- Add the chopped pecans.
- MIX all the ingredients together gently.
- Fill a loaf tin lined with cling film with the potato salad.
- pressing the mixture down firmly into the tin.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Lay a bed of lettuce leaves onto a serving platter.
- Invert loaf onto lettuce.
- Whip the cream and pipe cream onto loaf (do not overdo the cream|).
- Garnish with pecans and cherry tomatoes.