A well seasoned and interesting potato salad submitted for the 2005 World Tour. Have not tried this yet but welcome your feedback. Note cooking time does not include preparing potatoes.
- 8 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 eggs, hard boiled (only using yolks for dish)
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat sour cream or 1 1⁄2 cups regular sour cream
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise or 1 cup regular mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional garnish) or 2 tablespoons chopped scallions (optional garnish)
- In a large soup pot add uncooked diced potatoes and water to cover. Bring to boil and cook until potatoes are tender. Drain and rinse potatoes.
- Combine the cooked potatoes, cucumber, onion, celery seeds, salt and pepper. Toss lightly.
- To prepare dressing combine hard boiled egg yolks with the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard. Add to the potato mix and toss very lightly.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chives or scallions.