Recipe by lisavoncile
I've changed this over the years from a good but blander version. This is the most popular version I've made. I print copies of the recipe to take with me when I take it to get togethers because so many people ask for them.
- 4 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed, diced, cooked and cooled
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, diced (seed if necessary)
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dill weed (dry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice egg whites.
- Toss together with potatoes, cucumber, scallions.
- Set aside.
- Mash egg yolks.
- Stir together with mayonnaise, sour cream, spices, vinegar, salt and horseradish.
- Add more mayo or sour cream if needed.
- Season to taste.
- Pour over potato mixture and mix all together.
- Chill in a covered container.
- Serve when chilled.