Prep 40 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my family's absolute favorite potato salad. The Italian dressing makes all the difference! Recipe clipped from the recipe exchange column of the Birmingham News years ago. Cook time is chill time.
- 7 medium potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion top
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons horseradish or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard
- Boil potatoes in jackets; peel and cube.
- Pour dressing over warm potatoes; chill for two hours.
- Add onions and chopped egg whites to potatoes.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish or mustard and finely chopped egg yolks.
- Fold into potato mixture and chill for two hours.
Sorry but this was bland and no flavor. I added some fine chopped celery and some fine chopped red onion along with green onion and DH was still turning up his nose. Added some pickle relish and lots of salt and pepper and he would eat it but said it was just ok. I also thought just ok after all the changes. However, I will try adding the salad dressing to the warm potaoes again. I think that is a good begining.