Recipe by mollypaul
A delicious twist on an old favorite. Cooking time is standing time. From the Wisconsin Dutch Chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 4 cups potatoes, cooked and diced (leftover boiled potatoes is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, hard cooked and peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (use a good quality, such as Hellmann's)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- salad greens, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes, cucumber, onion, celery seed, salt and pepper; toss together lightly.
- Separate yolks from whites of eggs; dice whites and add to potato mixture.
- Mash yolks and combine with sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard.
- Add to potatoes and toss together lightly.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with salad greens.