Recipe by LifeAfter40
My ex mother-in-law gave me the original recipe. Much better gift than her son was! You can make this a 'light' version by using either fat free or low fat mayo and sour cream.
Directions See How It's Made
- I use white potatoes for this recipe but it's personal choice. Peel, boil till tender and cool.
- Cube potatoes into bite size pieces and place in large bowl.
- In small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonaise, salt and pepper. Go light, as you can always add after it's all mixed together.
- Cut up dill pickles into eraser size bites and add to sour cream mixture. Adjust quantity to your liking.
- Add all to potatoes, stir and chill.
- It takes the flavors a couple of hours to meld, so refrigerate and taste test before adding more salt or pepper.
- Great with grilled chicken and baked beans!